Thursday, July 25, 2013

He is able!

Today was results day...Scanned from head to toe at M.D. Anderson for 2 days.  Dr. Kim was all smiles & found NED (no evidence of disease)!  In Melanoma world that is always your goal.  Melanoma is never cured.  From dizziness & pain at my surgical site, I wasn't so sure how this 3 month check was going to pan out.  It's funny that I feel a little stunned that I have still been spared.  In faith I decided, from the beginning, that whatever goes down with this, it's all part of His plan.  I've always lived my life that way. Wonder what God thinks of me being stunned that I'm clear for now?  It kind of feels like I am insulting Him.  It is very humbling to have been given such a bleak diagnosis and then being clear.  It is my prayer to use this time for His glory.  I  live life now in 3 month increments, holding my breath for the  next scans.  My goal is to get over that.  It is too much of a burden.  The last 10 months have been a precious gift.   I'm going to honor that by not being anxious for the future and just concentrating on the joy!  Which is what we should all be doing.

Thanks to everyone for the love & support!  I am surrounded by the love of family & friends, both new and old!

He is able!

1 comment:

  1. Kathi, melanoma is NOT cured, but keep faith as there are those of us living with a stage IV diagnosis! I am one of those people! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete