Friday, July 12, 2013

"All Clear!"

So, I got the "All Clear!" call for my brain MRI results from Wednesday!  It had been 6 months since the last brain MRI so I was pretty anxious.  The nurse said there was quite a bit of movement/motion on the scans.  I was fully sedated, because that is how I roll getting an MRI.  I guess not being awake comes at a price for a poor quality view.  I can live with that.  So funny that you can put me through anything, surgery, pain, all forms of poking & prodding & I am a very good sport.  Just don't ask me to get in to that MRI machine!  So praise God for that good report.  The rest of me gets scanned on the 24th & 25th of this month.  With Melanoma you start to work yourself up as you approach scan days.  They call it "scanxiety", very appropriately.    Maybe mine won't be as bad this round since the brain just got cleared.

I have been like a dog with a bone this week reading blogs and hearing people's stories about this disease.  I feel like I need to know everything going in.  I was anticipating some depression in this exercise.  What I did not count on was the blessings this would bring.  I now have about 40 new friends who are on this journey also.  Most just have Facebook pages, some have blogs.  We all "friend" each other without question.  We have this need to bond.  The stories from each are all over the spectrum.  Some are having amazing outcomes with their treatments and that is the blessing I was searching for.  So I will "follow" my new friends and maybe we can learn from each other's journeys.  One funny thing is that on some of the Melanoma sites our friends are called "Melahomies".  Well that just about cracked my Zachary up (one of my 12 year old twins).  Now when he sees me on the computer he asks me if I am talking to my Melahomies.  The human spirit is beyond amazing.  Even in our battles there is joy & laughter & bonding with each other.  I love that.  An awesome God designed that!

I think that having the great MRI result today, starting this new blog  & having made my new circle of like-minded friends, I am finding a little comfort zone.  I'm trying to befriend the unknown/uncertain future, so that we can get along with each other.  I feel I have moved past the initial fear zone.  I didn't like it there.  Thanks for listening to me.  I hope your day is full of joy!

1 comment:

  1. Great news on your MRI! Praying that you continue to have clear scans! I also blog about our journey with melanoma. My husband is also stage IV, receiving treatment at MD Anderson. www.trustinghisplan.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete